Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

This Famous Bridge Is Giving People Panic Attacks. Watch What Happens… Scary!


I loved going to amusement parks when I was younger but it wasn’t until my teen years that I finally mustered up the courage to ride on roller coasters. Even then, I was terrified by the roller coasters made its riders go upside-down… I just couldn’t bare the thought of challenging gravity at such heights! But one day, I finally gave it a shot and came to the realization that it was actually far less scary than those steep drops that make my stomach sink. If you’ve ever been on a roller coaster, I’m sure you know what I mean. But when it comes to roller coasters, the rides are specifically designed to keep you safely strapped in during all of those frightening portions. So how would you feel if you were happily driving along in your car and then you find yourself having to cross a bridge that has been famously nicknamed “the rollercoaster bridge?”
Meet Japan’s Eshima Ohashi Bridge, otherwise known as “the rollercoaster bridge…”
rollerbridge
The Eshima Ohashi Bridge is definitely not like any other bridge you’ve driven on. Spanning a mile across Lake Nakaumi, the concrete bridge links the cities of Matsue and Sakaiminato. The bridge rises very sharply so that ships can pass underneath. Great for boats, maybe not so great for nervous drivers. In addition to the steep inclines and declines, motorists also have to navigate their way through several twists and turns before they can reach the other side of the bridge.
Check out the video below to see what it’s like to drive on this thing!



http://www.metaspoon.com/eshima-ohashi-rollercoaster-bridge/?fb=2060M1g1r1865t0&utm_source=2060M1g1r1865t0

No comments: