Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Tommy Osmeña hates Marcos and Binay. Here’s why

CddqWr3UkAAfiWI
These two election candidates are vice presidential aspirant, Senator Bongbong Marcos and United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) standard-bearer, Vice President Jejomar Binay. In that order.
“You know, my highest priority is I don’t like Bongbong to win. That’s my highest priority. And I don’t like Binay to win. That’s my second highest priority,” Osmeña told reporters in an interview Wednesday, March 23.
His reason for hating on Marcos is predictable enough, the latter being the son of a dictator in the late Ferdinand Marcos.
“You don’t know history? You don’t know what happened in Martial Law?” an incredulous Osmeña said when he thought a reporter still needed explanation about his dislike for the senator.
Incidentally, Osmeña is also closely related to another late president–Sergio Osmeña, his grandfather.
As for Binay, the former congressman didn’t mince his words.
“My god, Binay? He’s one of the worst that I’ve seen as a mayor. He is an insult to all the city mayors of the Philippines,” he said.
The UNA presidential candidate is currently facing various allegations of corruption, particularly during his tenure as Makati mayor. According to Osmeña, Binay was a bad local chief executive from the get-go.
“When Binay was elected mayor right after EDSA, his vice mayor was Conchitina Sevilla Bernardo. She comes from a very well-liked family. I’ve known them for a long time. They are very prim, very proper. And Conchitina was part of a story that was circulating that had to do with the approval of the building permit of Shangrila.
“And she said, ‘I don’t have anything to do with that.’ So she resigned on the spot. She resigned as vice mayor just like that. ‘I don’t like to be in government if it’s like this,’ she told me herself,” he recounted.
Binay was appointed Makati mayor by late president Cory Aquino, mother of incumbent President Benigno Aquino III, in 1987.

http://politics.com.ph/tommy-osmena-hates-marcos-and-binay-heres-why/#.VvLwpEH81DY.facebook

No comments: