Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

JOB INTERVIEW


A Filipino Applies for a Job at Wal-Mart. An office manager at Wal-Mart was given the task of hiring an individual to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of resumes he found four people who were equally qualified - an American, a Russian, an Australian and a Filipino. He decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answers would determine which of them would get the job. The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table.

Manager: "What is the fastest thing you know of?"

Dave (American): "A THOUGHT. It just pops into your head. There's no warning that it's on the way; it's just there. A thought is the fastest thing I know of."

Manager: "That's very good! And now you sir?" he asked Vladimir, the Russian.

Vladimir (Russian) "Hmm.... let me see. A BLINK! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened. A BLINK is the fastest thing I know of."

Manager: "Excellent! The blink of an eye, that's a very popular cliche for speed."

He then turned to George, the Australian who was contemplating his reply.

George (Australian): "Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light in the barn comes on.
Yep, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of.

The interviewer was very impressed with the third answer and thought he had found his man. "It's hard to beat the speed of light" he said. Turning to Eleuterio, the Filipino, the fourth and final man, the interviewer posed the same question.

Eleuterio replied, "Apter herring da 3 frevyos ansers serr, et's obyus to me dat da pastest ting known is Diarrhea."

"WHAT!?" said the interviewer, stunned by the response.

"O I can expleyn serr." said Eleuterio. "YOU SEE SERR, DA odderday I wasn't peeling so good and I ran soo past to da CR or batroom. But, bipor I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON DA LIGHT, ay 'tang ina, I already had a poo-poo in my pants.

Eleuterio is now the new "Greeter" at Wal-Mart.

No comments: