Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WHERE'S THE TRUTH?


Dear Sir Zane, answer to your question on Sir Lino Paras


Gentlemen,

Subject: Plagiarism

I once and for all want to put a final point on the plagiarism on the book “Born to be a hero” published by Sir Lino. I am in possession of a complete copy of the book. I also bought the biography: “Jose Rizal, Filipino Doctor and Patriot” edited by Teodoro M. Locsin and published by Manuel L. Morato.

This book “Born to be a hero” has been without doubt published by Sir Lino. In the preface to it, written by Sir Rudy Nollas, are personal family details which could, in fact, only come Sir Lino himself. Sir Nollas has confirmed that it was written by Sir Lino.

Sir Nollas writes that Sir Lino found unedited documents in archives of Belgium, France, Czech Republic and Spain.

My question to Sir Lino and Sir Nollas is simple and direct, please provide us with the proof for this statement. Be careful! I have performed research on Dr. Rizal and was successful and did find unedited documents. Do not take my discoveries for his discoveries. So, what were his discoveries in the above mentioned countries and when exactly did they occur? No answer to my question will be taken as a denial to the statement that he “found unedited documents”.

If Sir Lino denies having written “Born to be a hero” I only can say that this is simply not true! I even know who typed this “Born to be a hero”.

NHI can only say that “Born to be a hero” is, in fact, a copy of “Jose Rizal, Filipino Doctor and Patriot”.

I am also in possession of the two volumes of “Mi ultimo adios in foreign languages and local translations” published by NHI.

In Annex I add the “Pahimakas” by Andres Bonifacio and Sir Lino’s “Huling Paalam ni Dr. Jose Rizal (by Sir Lino Paras, KGOR) as it can be found in his “Born to be a hero”. This is just a copy of “Pahimakas”.

In Annex also a part of “Jose Rizal, Filipino Doctor and patriot” compared to Sir Lino’s “Born to be a hero”. This is self-explanatory and need no further comment.

It is unacceptable that Sir Lino continuous to deny that “Born to be a hero” is his work. Sir Rudy wrote that it came from Sir Lino.

We in Belgium took care of Sir Rogelio Quiambao when he visited Belgium after the first European assembly in London, and when he came to Brussels and attended the second European assembly. He was a passenger in our cars when we brought him to Heidelberg and Wilhelmsfeld. I am personally thankful to Sir Rogelio Quimbao for what he did for my wife and I when we were in Manila and he brought us around to visit many Rizalian places. When I mentioned something about Anti-Polo, he took his car and drove us to Anti-Polo where he showed us the original statue of the Holy Mary. I will never ever forget his generosity. I really feel pity for him because of the way some people brought him in an uncomfortable position.
Subject: Report from Sir Lino to IHQ

On the occasion of the chartering of the Freiburg chapter, Germany, Sir Lino was passenger in my car from Brussels to Freiburg. The chartering was prepared by Sir Hans Schoof. The procedure mentioned in the Manuel was performed by Sir Hans Schoof, Sir Klaus Hartung, Sir Dr. Hack and myself in the German language. On our way back to Belgium we visited the Rizal statue in Wilhelmsfeld. In Belgium Sir Pros and Sir Jacobs organized some visits and a dinner for Sir Hans Schoof.

Sir Lino’s report to the IHQ on these events mentioned that he assisted Sir Hans Schoof in setting up of the Freiburg Chapter and dubs of new members! About the visit to Wilhelmsfeld he wrote that he made research about Rizal’s life in Heidelberg and Wilhelmsfeld with me!

On the visits of Sir Hans he wrote that he organized everything.

This report of Sir Lino to IHQ must be on file in the HQ.

Elections in El Filibusterismo chapter 2003.

The problem with Sir Lino in Belgium started with the elections. The procedures were handed out to everybody present and shown on a slide. The procedure was not followed as prescribed and a complained was filed within 24 pours. The council met very soon after this and decided that the complaint was accepted and new elections were set for on another date.

Sir Lino, who was neither on the elections nor on the council meeting decided that no new elections would take place and the first, invalid, had to be accepted. When the council opposed this, Sir Lino chartered a new chapter a few days later and took all Filipino members and some Belgian members in his new “Rizal Brussels” chapter.

At that moment Sir Lino was Area Commander Belgium and had absolutely no right to do this! I have been accused several times for being a racist.

I have been chapter commander of El Filibusterismo chapter. One of the first things I did was writing letters to the members who never showed up at any of the events organized by the chapter and who had not paid their chapter fees for several years.

After having written three letters to those 16 members I informed the IHQ and asked that those individuals should be dismissed (4 of them were Belgian nights). One of those Belgium Knights only became a member in order to be able to sell KOR winter uniforms! My predecessor chapter commanders had taken no action about these members. It looks better to have a lot of Knights in the chapters, the rest they did not care.

Meetings in Europe

I herewith add my e-mail which I sent the Sir Lino:

Dear Sir Lucien Spittael, KGOR

Please refer to my answer to the organizer "Sir Peter Plueckebaum" of this so called European Consultative meeting in Schriesheim, Germany.

VERY IMPORTANT:
------------------------

In the future, I appreciate receiving your communication by post mail

Thank you so much.

Sir Lino Paras, KGOR
Regional Commander Europe


Lucien SPITTAEL wrote:

Dear Sir Lino, here's the text of my Msg which ended up in your trash box. A Msg can be read even if it ended up in the "trash box." It can even be transfrerred to the "in box".

I also send this Msg cc to the CC addressees in case they also should have had troubles with my e-mail.

May I take the opportunity to ask you a profound question? Can you let me know the original source(s) to the "last words of Rizal" which were "Consummatum est”

Thanks for your help.

IHQ, Please pass this Msg to the acting Supreme Commander

Dear Regional Commander for Europe,

As you already know, having received both e-mail and mail notifications, all Knights and Chapters in Europe have received an invitation to a meeting in Schrießheim, Germany, on 16&17 February, organized by Sir Peter Plückebaum and Sir Rainer Weber. I fully support such an event, which unfortunately did not come from your initiative, although the matter of a general meeting (“assembly'”) of all European Knights was discussed with you last October in Bonn and you gave the impression that you were in favour of such an event.

Unfortunately, you are not able to attend this important event for the KOR in Europe. I really do hope and expect that you have exhorted all our Belgian KGOR’s to attend and that you will urge all Chapters to send at least one or two representatives to attend this utmost valuable meeting in Schrießheim. This would display considerable leadership and solidarity within the European Region! In case many of the Chapters do not send a representative, I will ask the organizers to postpone the meeting to a later (more appropriate?) date so that a majority of the European Chapters can attend and take positive and pro-active part in this important meeting for the European Knights. (A quick look at the agenda should be enough to find a reason to attend!)

Non omnis moriar,
Sir Lucien Spittael, KGOR

Few members attended this meeting. I contacted a chapter and received the answer they were not informed about this meeting. This is a proof that the Regional Commander for Europe did not take the proper actions to inform the chapters who were initially not invited because of the lack of information of their addresses. Although his answer to the organizers was: “GO”

Meanwhile I found out that Sir Lino has a meeting with his chapter next weekend (23-24 February in Brussels). Why he did not take the initiative to ask the organizers to change their date and location?

I still can write more of what is happening in the European Area of which Sir Lino is the Area commander but I think this is more than enough for your information, Sir Zane. If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact me on my e-mail address.

Sir Lucien Spittael,
KGOR

No comments: